Just to say it first rather than last: - Learning vocabulary does not have much to do with digital bulletin boards…🤣 But at PinToMind, we love creating simple solutions for every day challenges - and we like sharing them with the world! 🥳 Therefore we have made a small app for learning words in a foreign language. You can open it in your browser, and it is called Spellycat. 😺 Spellycat is completely free and it does not require any registration. Find out more, and feel free to try it yourself!👇
What can you do with Spellycat?
You might also know someone who needs to learn new words in a foreign language? Every week? Here are some of the things Spellycat enables you to do:
- Create lists of words of your choice - you get to decide the number of words in each list.
- Flip the direction of your glossary, so that you get to practice both directions. 🔁
- Select the degree of difficulty by allowing or not allowing aid.
- Spellycat tells you how many words you got right, and how quickly you were able to answer. ⏱
- Spellycat is generous 🥰 : It does not limit the amount of times you get to try - even if you make mistakes. Practice until you make it, skip over the word, or use an aid - and it will work out well in the end!
- Compete with yourself through list of scores. 📈
Hey, - all teachers!
And: – Hello, teacher:🙋🏻♀️ It is also possible to share the glossary list of the week through a link, or by adding a QR-code to a homework-plan or something that you hand out.
Student work we are proud of!
Do you remember Karen, who had a summer job at PinToMind? She is studying computer technology, and this summer she was responsible for the development of Spellycat, as her first large webpage project.👏 Georg, who has a part time position here at PinToMind next to his studies in communication technology, was her supervisor. He took care of the finishing touches now just before the publishing of Spellycat.✨
Karen and Georg have done a great job with Spellycat, and it would be really fun if this app could be a help for someone who needs a little encouragement in their vocabulary-learning! 🙌
Help us share the news about Spellycat 🎉
Now we hope that you, whether you are a teacher, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, friend or foe… will help us share this with someone you think can be enjoy using Spellycat in their vocabulary-learning:👇