PinToMind at Tranberg school, Denmark
Sharing stories from the school-day
- We see positive body language and excitement! tells educator Tenna Jensen happily when she describes how children and adults relate to the school’s information screen. At Tranberg school in Aarhus city in Denmark 🇩🇰 PinToMind has become a tool in the work for well being and fellowship. 👇
They have placed their information screen strategically, right by the entrance.
– One does not have to go looking for the screen, you are met by it right away, says Tenna.
– You cannot miss it, states her colleague and educator, Charlotte Fachmann.
The positioning, combined with the fact that there is no need for organizing or login to see the content on an information screen, makes the whole thing very accessible, they think. They both experience that the posts on the screen make both children and adults stop a bit and talk together. ✋
It brings us together
– The children, for example, would like to show their parents photos from their trip, says Tenna, and talks about the children standing there in the hallway, proudly showing their parents what they have experienced.
– It is here and now. The children can show it, and they can watch it together. It brings us closer together, different from if the parents were to see it themselves at home, she says.
The joy of show and tell
The school makes a point of using the digital bulletin board to share the good stories from the everyday school life. With pictures and videos, they offer the parents an insight into what is going on. They also experience that this stimulates the children to tell more about what they have done during the days.
– Many have already forgotten the events of the day when they get home, Tenna points out, and describes the joy of the children when they are picked up and want to show mum or dad what is on the public screen.
– It’s so nice when children see themselves and want to show their parents that. Then it is wonderful to observe the excitement in both children and parents. Instead of saying “Yes, it was a good trip” they can say: “Look here, what we have done”. It becomes more alive.
Inspired by the content on the digital notice board
At Tranbjerg School, they also find that it is inspiring for both pupils and staff to see what others at the school have done, and that the posts on the screen often become a starting point for small conversations throughout the school day.
– As an educator, I can, for example, talk to a child about the pictures or jokes running on the information screen, says Charlotte.
In addition to photos and videos from trips, activities and the everyday life at school, they use the digital notice board to post pleasant children’s quotes, jokes and riddles, the school’s values and goals, practical information, weather forecast, congratulations, words of welcome to new employees and much more.
It started at a school
We at PinToMind think it’s great to hear that our software is being used and experienced this way in everyday school life. Several of us have a background from the school environment, and it was actually at a school that the very idea of PinToMind arose more than 12 years ago. That was our starting point, and we are proud of it. 💫😊
For all kinds of different workplaces
PinToMind is still made as an easy and efficient solution for a broad target group of industries and businesses. Therefore we love hearing stories from schools, hotels, hospitals, stores, handicraft companies, libraries and many more about how they use our software. 🙌
Do you also have experiences with PinToMind that you would like to share with us? If so, we would love to hear from you! 😊
Were you inspired?
To us the information screen to create well being and a good environment is like gold! 😍 It inspires us, and we hope it inspires you as well.
And if you have not tried our software yet, maybe you would like to test it? 👉 Here you can create a free trial. There is no commitment and we offer you access to full functionality for 30 days.
We are here for you!
You are always welcome to contact us directly if you have questions or would like advice! 😊 We are here for you!