Digital bulletin boards for volunteer work
Environment and sustainability have gotten a lot of attention in recent years, and donating for reuse instead of throwing, and buying used instead of new, is trendy like never before! A major player in the Norwegian recycling market is NLM Gjenbruk. They have a total of 35 recycling shops from south to north in Norway. They are all run entirely by volunteers - and almost all stores have digital bulletin boards!
– For us, it is important to communicate what the money is being used for, and that is part of what we use the digital bulletin boards for, says Alise Kragset Nystøyl at the main office of NLM Gjenbruk. All profits from their stores go to the Norwegian Lutheran Mission (NLM). By shopping at NLM Gjenbruk, you support NLM’s aid work, where school, health and water are special focus areas. NLM has people and projects in almost 15 countries in Africa, South America and Asia.
- We use the Information screens in our stores as digital, live posters and are very happy with them. It allows us to vary and renew the content according to our wishes and needs. Alise Kragset Nystøyl, NLM Gjenbruk
– We use the Information screens in our stores as digital, live posters and are very happy with them. It allows us to vary and renew the content according to our wishes and needs, Alise points out. - We especially like the video function, which enables us to display short videos of some of NLMs projects or other important things.
Most of the content is published by the main office of NLM Gjenbruk, but the stores can also locally add their own content.
– That is one of the flexible and user friendly features we appreciate so much with PinToMind, she adds. The digital bulletin boards are in addition used for displaying news and weather forecasts, information about special offers and activities in the stores, and posts which can recruit more volunteers.
– Based on the fact that it is all run by volunteers, new employees are constantly needed, says Alise, pointing to the 1800 volunteers who are active around the country to run the 35 stores.
– Together, they make a formidable effort, she smiles.
The apparatus of volunteers provides everything from transport and receiving of goods, unpacking, exhibition, cleaning, helping customers, receiving payment, preparing coffee and waffles, or simply welcoming visitors. This is more than an environmental and aid project.
Most of the content is published by the main office of NLM Gjenbruk, but the stores can also locally add their own content. – That is one of the flexible and user friendly features we appreciate so much with PinToMindAlise Kragset Nystøyl, NLM Gjenbruk
– We also want our stores to be a positive and safe meeting place in the local community where people are seen and met, says Alise. In an NLM second hand shop you always find a coffee corner where there is room to sit down for a chat or just take a break.
The PinToMind-team is happy that the service provided is useful in this work. We want to support volunteer work, and therefore offer our best price with access to all features in our Volunteer-priceplan.
*This interview was done before the Covid19-lockdown, and all the NLM Gjenbruk shops were closed for a period just after. Now they are gradually re-opening, but for now without open coffee corners.