PinToMind Player cannot be installed in kiosk-mode
Google has all of a sudden turned off the possibility to install kiosk-apps if the device is not part of a managed domain. Therefore, the guide below cannot be used for the time being. The PinToMind Player can still be used if it is installed, but it will not be reinstallable.
We are working on this, and will update this page as soon as we have something new.
Contact us if you want us to let you know when there is news here.
Updated September 17th 2018
Asus Chromebit with PinToMind app
Asus Chromebit is a stick-pc which runs Chrome OS. With our player-app you can simply use Chromebit to run your public screen with automatic startup in fullscreen, which can give new life to old screens.
Purchase and install
Asus Chromebit can be ordered on the internet. If you do not have mouse and keyboard which you can connect with via USB, we recommend that you buy this at the same time.
Chromebit comes in a box which contains the Chromebit itself, a short HDMI-cabel and a power adapter. Unpack, connect mouse, keyboard, screen and power, and install on the back of the screen - and you are ready to set up the display of your public screen!
Basic settings and login.
When you start the Chromebit you are taken through a guide. Follow the points below step-by-step on the Chromebit, and you are started. If the Chromebit is not new, you have to reset it to factory settings before you continue.
- Select language, keyboard and register network. Click "continue".
- Read and accept the user-terms for Google Chrome OS, and click "Accept and continue". Important! Do not log in yet!
- Now click CTRL + ALT + K (repeat if nothing happens after first try), and click "Turn on" and "OK" for automatic kiosk mode.
- Log in with a Google-account. We recommend using or creating a Google-account which is not used for anything else.
Install PinToMind player-app
Tip! Open p2m.tv/chrome on the Chromebit, and you can read the rest of this page there, and simply copy and paste the app-ID below.
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome, and write chrome://extensions in the address-field
- Select "Developer mode" at the top right of the page.
- Select ”Manage kiosk apps”
- Enter the app-ID: gbickdfkpeeleebkfafliiklhobbnkae
- The app will now appear in the list. Click on the app and click on "Set automatic startup", so that it says ("automatic startup") after the name of the app, and then "Done".
- Important! New in Chrome version 66! In order to play video-posts automatically on the screen, this must be enabled. Write chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy in the address-field. Change "Autoplay policy" from "Default" to "No user gesture is required". Press "Relaunch now".
- Restart the Chromebit.
- You will be asked for "Permission for autostart is requested", click "Confirm" for the app to start automatically when the machine is turned on.
The screen-code is 5-6 letters or numbers at the end of the screen-address. You can find it in your list of screens.
Enter only the code in the field called "screencode", in this example "ABC123".
Ta-da! The Chromebit is installed and ready to be used!
When the Chromebit is set up it is locked in a so called kiosk mode for use for public screen. Here you can find tips for how to change and maintain your Chromebit.